Wednesday, June 30, 2010

If thine eye be single - a reflection on judgment.

Hello Bright Star friends! I hope this finds you well. I recently received a powerful teaching in my own life and I thought to share it with you.

Since I have become more in the public eye with the two group pages that I have on Facebook, I have also gotten more criticism and judgment from the outside world. For some reason many so-called "spiritual" people feel a need to tell me exactly what they perceive that I am doing incorrectly which in many cases has caused me to feel defeated, hurt and irritated.

I was thinking about the last round of criticism I got and the Keepers (Guides of the Akashic Records that I work with,) mentioned the scriptural quote, "If thine eye be single, thy body will be filled with light." (Matthew 6:22) They explained to me that the two eyes have to do with the outer world of the senses and of ego, while the single eye is related to the Ajna "third eye" chakra and of inner vision. Light is gathered from going within ourselves, not gathered in the sense-based 3D world. I know this is also their way of advising me to spend more time in mediation, but there was also more to it.

This year in my solar return chart I have a Mercury/Pluto conjunction which is quite powerful. It has to do with communicating ideas that can be deemed controversial and can possibly create discomfort in others, also dealing with "shadow" material which often has the same effect. For those that came after me with their judgment and criticism, my initial response (since I am feeling a bit extra cocky with that conjunction,) is to ask them WHY they are saying these things and to somehow defend my position or at least get them to see what they are doing leaving these nasty posts on my Facebook wall. Just before I was going to post something about it, I had a flash that I was judging them for judging me! It was quite funny actually. I was shown that I was still "in the loop" of ego-driven communication with these people. What is the difference really who started it? I "bit the hook" as my wise friend would say and they got me. In that moment I lost it by giving my power and serenity away. They aren't responsible for that, I am.

When the criticism first started I took it in a different way. I wasn't as clear about my intention and context as I am now, which is one of the reasons I believe it came in more often. Now I am very clear of the context of my groups and also my direction as the leader of them, yet the judgment is still occurring from time to time. One of the things that I am committed to as a minister and also a human being is being part of the solution on the planet at this time. Judgments of others are a clear indicator of how invested we are in "our" concepts and ideas. The Keepers also said, "Who is the bigger "sinner," the one doing the error or the one judging them for it?" It is easy to look around in the world and see errors all around us, the most glaring one in our world currently being the Gulf oil spill. Blame is definitely NOT in a vibration of love and perpetuates ego-based communication that is based on separateness and ultimately, illusion.

I saw that in these experiences of being judged by others that I always have a choice. I can perpetuate the useless game of "being right" or I can let it go. I can focus my single eye inward to gather strength and light. There are some people that feel a great need to gift us with the benefit of their views! That is all they are, their views. There is no ultimate right or wrong way to do anything. We are all walking our own path based on our karma, perception and other factors. Every time we disengage from the ego-game we create one more opportunity for peace and healing in our world. This is precisely what being part of the solution really looks like! I invite you to try this, beloved friends.

"The threshold between right and wrong is pain" - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Wishing you peace and light in these challenging times.

6 comments:

  1. Your growth as a teacher, intuitive and loving member of our community is amazing. We are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your words dear friend, they really touched my heart today. Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed along with you about the 'judging those judging you' part of it all. We all fall victim to that flashpoint urge to immediately defend and to do so with enthusiasm and verve! NOT engaging is always the better part of valor, but my word, it can also be hugely challenging. I am as culpable in letting others 'hook' me occasionally as most people, but for the most part, I work to stay mindful and just smile and keep walking when a hook is dangled and wiggled in my direction.

    To throw out that good mountain wisdom, I always remind myself that "Nobody beats a dead horse." AND, "Unless you rock the boat, you remain dead in the water." So, there THAT is! We both know that oftentimes, harsh judgment and criticism are merely underscoring how much of a positive mark we are truly making in the world. Keep making your mark, my love. And always know you're never alone on that path.

    Namaste',
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes!you are right with Agna chakra we can recive the energies , when we become absolute thoughtless. we can able to perceive the things with third eye, ie called Agna chakra, when we able to see that may be any thing , you can concentrate on one of that, with that, we can move further in the Astral journey or we can have the knowledge from the higher worlds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always think of "Remove the beam from your eye before you remove the speck from your brother's" LOL Oddly, I've never felt that my eye was clean enough to correct them! Wonderful growth and post, Mamma! You and I (and all of us) will be the change we want to see, even if the universe has to knock us in the head to make sure of it! <3 Love you, Bless you, and Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you WL! That's a good one too about the speck and/or log in our own eye, so true. LOL Love you and bless you too. I appreciate your comment very much.

    ReplyDelete